Tuesday, November 08, 2011

November Challenge, Week 1

I'll be chronicling my November Challenge of daily yoga and journaling combined with no caffeine or alcohol. It sounds simple, right? Not quite. These weekly posts will give a summary or commentary of how things are going...

Six months ago I did a variation on this challenge - cutting out caffeine and alcohol - in anticipation of my Mojave Desert Vision Quest, which took place during that month of May. I see now that the quest, and my subsequent Buddhist retreat that same month, was a helpful motivating factor. This time, I have no particular ulterior motive or final goal, and I find that to be more of a challenge!

Daily yoga practice is bringing it into perspective. It feels like a job to be going to the studio every day. But that same job is creating rewards to work with a variety of teachers and also gain more flexibility of the "Stationary Sequence". I'll be curious to see if my comfort level continues to improve!

Daily journaling has felt like more of an effort than it should. I also missed one day due to ___ (I don't remember) but made up for it with several pages on the next day. I'm intending to write more in the present tense to keep the energy high.

Even writing this entry seems to take a lot of effort. Whatever happened to the days when blogging was thoughtful and consistent and detailed, with no competition from micro-blogging? I miss those days.

No comments: