Sunday, January 28, 2007

Local Colour

My weekly transport card ran out on Thursday this week, so instead of getting it immediately updated, requiring me to continue traveling around the city at the weekend, I decided to wait, and treat the weekend as an excuse to stay local. That meant no tube or bus, but that was fine. Probably walked a good 6-8 miles again over the past two days, from home down to Covent Garden and about halfway back yesterday, and then around the Kilburn and West Hampstead boroughs today. I was very successful with my efforts at shopping to take advantage of the end of January sales. Today that reached a fortuitous peak when I visited the local Oxfam shop. Everything was on sale for just 30p (60 cents) so I ended up with a Saville Row jacket and two long-sleeved shirts for under 1 pound. Amazing. Yesterday brought slightly more expensive but similar deals, including a winter vest for 5 pounds and two sweaters for 11 pounds. It’ll leave me all set for the foreseeable future!

No comments: