Tuesday, September 26, 2006

California Love

Have arrived in LA, after one of the best airplane flights I've ever taken. Something about the combination of perfect weather, having a window seat, being on a cheap flight and getting to chat with the rest of the passengers in my row (one of whom was a professional stage manager in NorCal!) made it memorable and fun for me. Saw a ton of landmarks across the country including a bird's eye view of my neighborhood as we left Boston, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, a bird's eye view of Interstate 80 in Nebraska that Russ and I will be driving through in about two weeks, the Continnental Divide, the Utah desert, the northern reaches of the Grand Canyon, the southern area of the Hoover Dam, and metropolitan LA's mountainous borders.

Now am here in LA-Land for a day and a half, seeing friends and doing my best to get around the city without a car. We'll see if that's successful or not. It is off to a chilled out and good transitional start hanging around Whittier College with my cousin before shifting gears to Pasadena tonight and the gliteratti of Beverly Hills and Santa Monica tomorrow.

No comments: